Sports Performance Nutrition Certification course
Sports performance nutrition refers to the science and practice of fueling the body to optimize athletic performance. It involves understanding how different nutrients affect the body during physical activity and using that knowledge to create tailored nutrition plans for athletes. Proper sports nutrition is essential for athletes of all levels, as it can enhance endurance, strength, speed, and overall athletic performance while also promoting faster recovery and reducing the risk of injuries.
Here are key aspects of Sports Performance Nutrition:
- Carbohydrates: They are the body’s primary source of energy during exercise. Athletes need an adequate intake of carbohydrates to fuel their muscles and maintain energy levels.
- Proteins: Essential for muscle repair and growth. Adequate protein intake supports the recovery process and helps in building and maintaining lean muscle mass.
- Fats: Healthy fats provide sustained energy during prolonged activities and are essential for overall health. They also aid in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Vitamins and Minerals:
Play a crucial role in various physiological processes, including energy production, bone health, and immune function. Athletes require a balanced intake of vitamins and minerals to support overall health and performance.
Proper hydration is vital for maintaining body temperature, joint lubrication, and nutrient transport. Athletes must replace fluids lost through sweat to prevent dehydration, which can negatively impact performance and health.
- Pre-Workout Nutrition: Consuming a balanced meal or snack before exercise provides the body with readily available energy. It should include carbohydrates, moderate protein, and low in fats to prevent discomfort during physical activity.
- During Workout Nutrition: In prolonged activities, athletes may need to consume carbohydrates and electrolyte-rich beverages to sustain energy levels and replace lost electrolytes.
- Post-Workout Nutrition: Consuming a combination of carbohydrates and proteins after exercise helps in muscle recovery and replenishing glycogen stores. This post-workout window is crucial for maximizing recovery.
Athletes often use supplements like protein powders, amino acids, creatine, and vitamins to fill nutrient gaps or enhance specific aspects of their performance. However, these should not replace a well-balanced diet.
Athletes have different nutritional needs based on their sport, training intensity, body composition, and metabolic rate. Personalized nutrition plans are essential to cater to individual requirements.
Nutrition plays a role in preventing eating disorders among athletes, and addressing mental health aspects of food and body image is crucial for overall well-being.
Sports Performance Nutrition is a dynamic field, with ongoing research helping athletes and sports professionals understand how different dietary strategies can impact performance. It’s essential for athletes to work with registered dietitians or nutritionists who specialize in sports nutrition to develop personalized and effective nutrition plans tailored to their specific needs and goals.
What You Will Learn
- Sports Performance Nutrition Certification course explores the relationships between nutrition, energy, performance, metabolism in depth analysis of dietary and nutritional supplements for proper eating for real proven results.
- Sports Performance Nutrition Certification course is designed for individuals to provide proven sound nutrition to athletes and non-athletes active individuals. It focuses on evidence-based principles to help educate and guide in the field of sport nutrition.
Reasons to pursue Sports Performance Nutrition programs:
As a certified professional, you will have the Knowledge and the opportunity to help boost any athlete physical activity and optimize their performance.
Nutrition plays a very important role in everyone’s life, especially athletes that demand to maximize their performance, promoting balanced meals, managing weight, and reducing the risk of chronic disease associated with poor nutrition habits.
Armed with the knowledge, you can contribute and elevate education in the fitness community by assisting others in ongoing service to advance their goals.
Certification in Sports Performance Nutrition can lead you to different paths, working with athletes, non-athletes, personal trainers, fitness centers, doctors, nurses, diet centers and even writing and publishing for sports magazines and Fitness / Nutrition websites.
Upon completion of the Sport Performance Nutrition Certification course, you should :
- Be adequately prepared to improve clients sports nutrition
- Analyze food intake to improve quality
- Improve the quality of ingested food for optimum performance
- Understand metabolism and digestion
- Maximize muscle gain for strength and endurance
- Maximize Fat loss
- Improve digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Maximize energy expenditure for optimum performance
- Educate for long term progress to improve lifestyle
- And so Much more.
What topics does the Sport Performance Nutrition course cover:
- Pitfall of improper eating
- Risk associated with different diets
- Why diets do not work
- Carbohydrate absorption and utilization
- Protein absorption and utilization
- Fat absorption and utilization
- Role of protein and metabolism for performance
- The role of complex carbohydrate in sports performance
- Role in Protein sparing
- Priming the Fat metabolism
- N.S. Fuel
- Fiber role
- Lipoprotein analysis
- Insulin spinking
- Electrolytes and performance
- Electrolytes and fluid replacement
- Water in sports
- Hydration / dehydration
- Free Radicals and Antioxidants
- Bulking up
- Proper eating for success
- What do I receive upon completing and passing the Sport Performance Nutrition course?
Upon successful completion of the Sport Nutrition Performance course and passing the exam, you will be Certified and receive your certification within one week of completion.
- What are the prerequisites for the Sport Performance Nutrition certification course?
- It is advisable to take the Nutrition Tech Certification course for a complete understanding of the functions of the human body prior to all advanced Nutrition courses. No prerequisite for taking this course, but you should have a very clear understanding of biology and the human body function, digestion, and food nutrition.
- Is there a time limit on this course?
- You will have 90 days ( 3 months ) to complete the PROPTA-CNT course and exam. You will have online excess through your desktop or the PROPTA APP.
- How is the exam administered?
- The PROPTA-CSPN / Sport Performance Nutrition Certification course exam is administered online via your computer or via PROPTA app from anywhere and anytime with unlimited attempts within the allowed time.
- What other courses are offered for Nutrition?
- Nutrition Tech Certification PROPTA-CNT
- Nutrition Consultant Certification: PROPTA-CNC
- Sport Performance Nutrition Certification: PROPTA-CSPN
- Food Handlers Certification: PROPTA-CFH
- Is there any pre-requisites for any of the nutrition courses listed above?
It is advisable to take the Nutrition Tech Certification course “CNT” before proceeding to any other Nutrition courses in order to fully understand the functions of the human body.
|Online Sports Performance Nutrition (English)||$499.99 – $599.99|
|Sports Performance Nutrition Certification Course||$683.12 – $1,500.00|