The Nutrition Consultant / Sports Nutrition Certification course is a pre-requisite for the Nutrition Supervisor Certification.
The Nutrition Consultant / Sports Nutrition Certification course provides students with a grounded approach to working with primary care providers to design diet and nutritional programs for persons with current or previous diagnosed injury or illness and/or for enhancement of any and all sports and physical activities on any level or age.
Students learn how nutrition influences the intricate feedback between organs, glands, cells and gene expression. For each topic, appropriate research findings and metabolic assessments are introduced to enable students to be more targeted in educating clients on appropriate therapeutic foods, herbs, nutrient support and ultimate physical strength.Clients interviews, research and comprehensive case study comprise the written work for each topic and final presentation.
Whether you are a personal trainer or a house wife, a professional athlete or just a recreational sport lover, you have to eat. Humans cannot live without food and water. Most of the personal trainers that are certified or not, must be able to apply a dietary program to their clients. Would you hire a personal trainer who is not certified? Probably not! As a Personal Trainer Certified Nutrition Tech/Consultant/Sport Nutrition/Supervisor NS/Specialist (NS) ® is in a class on his own…and that’s what you will be, when you take this course and graduate!
You probably already know that a career in fitness and nutrition means that your qualifications are more important than ever! After all, busy professionals in your community will rely on you to help plan their fitness schedules and ensure they get the right diet and exercise.People from all walks of life now understand the need for fitness and nutrition knowledge—and they are more than willing to pay for your expertise! That’s why the demand for fitness professionals is so HIGH and the pay is so GREAT.The Nutrition Tech Certification course is a pre-requisite to enrolling in the Nutrition Consultant/Sport Nutrition Certification course and the Nutrition Consultant/Sports Nutrition Certification course is a pre-requisite to enrolling in the Nutrition Supervisor Certification course and the Nutrition Supervisor is a pre-requisite to enrolling in the Nutrition Specialist Certification course (NS*) .
Course Objectives:Upon completion of this course, a fitness professional should:
- Have an understanding of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and how each of these nutrients is essential for a balanced, healthy meal.
- Understand the importance of portion control and be able to advise clients on the basics of nutrition and portion control
- Be able to assist clients by implementing a food diary plan and understand how to use the information to enhance the lifestyle
- Understand and be able to explain the physiology to clients and help people not to struggle with weight control
- Understand the theory of muscle gain through food to elevate metabolism and burn fat while eating properly
- Understand food preparation and handling
- Understand food label and educate clients on how to chose and buy food to succeed in weight management
- Understand how and when to implement vitamins and minerals to clients programs.
- Pros and cons of supplements and energy drinks
All students must get certified as a food handler when taking PROPTA Certifications .Food Safety is everyone’s business. It’s important as Personal Trainer and a Nutrition Tech or Consultant/Sports or Supervisor or a Nutrition Supervisor NS* to inform your clients in food safety and sicknesses that are caused by mishandling food.
Certification in food safety simply means that you will be required to have a basic knowledge as to the causes of food born illness and its prevention, pass an approved examination, and possess a valid certificate in food safety. Click here to register for the Food Safety Certification : Food Safety Certification