Nutrition Tech Certification outline
Digestion system and Protein, carbohydrates, and fat digestion, vitamins and minerals, fluid replacement, diet & will power, eating for energy, fat metabolism, weight management, performance nutrition, application and monitoring, thermoregulation and hydration.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding about the digestive system and its functions.
- Have an understanding of protein, carbohydrate and fat and how these nutrients are essential to a balanced and healthy life style.
- Understand vitamins and minerals
- Understand portion control and to be able to guide clients on the basics of nutrition.
- Understand and implement food diary to help enhance guidance and service.
- Understand food label
- Understand meal timing for better performance and fat loss without muscle loss.
- Fat testing and measurements
- Guide clients to make proper food choices for better results.
Grading and Standards:
Student must obtain a 90% score to pass the test.
- Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat digestion
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Fluid replacement
- Diet & Will power
- Eating for Energy
- Fat Metabolism
- Weight Management
- Performance and monitoring
- Thermoregulation and Hydration
Course Learning Outcome (CLO’s):
Full understanding of the digestive system, understanding of calorie intake and quality protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins & minerals, proper eating and timing, nutrition and how it is applied to athletic performance, fluid intake and hydration, hormones and PH level that effects daily body functions.
Course Teaching and Learning Activities:
To enhance the learning experience, online courses are available:
- In class and Video lecture Course
Course assessment Methods:
Practical instructional lectures online videos for students enhance the understanding of applied safe nutrition.
- Nutrition Tech Certification course manual
- Nutrition Tech Certification Study Guide